Watch Trump/Erdogan on Wednesday. Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Vladimir Putin are the trendsetters. Trump/USA on their own.
The West treating Russia as a ‘Monster’ is getting old and tiresome ~ Treating Turks like they are Wogs is even Worse!
Erdogan will be meeting Trump on Wednesday
Donald Trump’s new National Security Advisor is Robert O’Brien. He seems to think he is not above talking down to “the wogs” of Turkey. He told the Face the Nation (CBS) audience on Sunday that the U.S. is upset that Turkey purchased a Russian manufactured air defence system that may well be much better as a defensive tool than the American system used to protect the partially destroyed Aramco Oil Refineries in Biqayq and Khurais, Saudi Arabia on 14 September 2019. Robert O’Brien gave Turkey a smash in the face, “just like that“.
The United States had previously refused to sell to Turkey an air defence system so the purchase went to the Russians. Mid-2019 Trump cancelled Turkey’s participation in America’s ultra-expensive F-35 program. Turkey did not flinch but approached Russia
Robert O’Brien says Trump will essentially read Erdogan his rights and threaten sanctions when and if the Turkish President visits the White House on Wednesday.
Terse official statement 06/11/2019: “President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had a telephone conversation with President Donald J. Trump of the U.S. this evening. Bilateral relations as well as regional developments were discussed during the phone call. The two leaders reaffirmed that they would meet in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, November 13 upon U.S. President Trump’s invitation. Respectfully announced to the public.”
On Saturday during a telephone conversation with President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan…
“Much attention was focused on Syria,” says the Kremlin. “Key aspects of Russia-Turkey relations were discussed in detail,” including the realisation of strategic projects in the energy and military-technical areas.
Talks between the Turkish multi-role Air Force acquisition project and representatives of the design and sales teams of the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft plant, maker of the Sukhoi Su-35 which is the label for two derivatives of the Su-27 air-defence fighter which include an ‘air-to-mud’ (bomber) capable variant.
An industrial offset programme with the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft plant could see Turkey making components for its own three dozen aircraft and making those same components for future sales of the aircraft to other countries. There is even a suggestion that the Turkish aerospace industry may find itself becoming a centre of excellence for niche components on the entire production run of the fifth generation multi-role stealth SU-57, which is in the prototype phase in 2019.
There is no contract and no conclusion to talks but word is that the two sides are close to reaching a mutually beneficial conclusion that is far better than the previously proposed Turkish role in the grandiose american F-35 project which role for Turkey Trump cancelled in July, anyway.
On the civilian commercial side of the two houses, “It was noted with satisfaction that the TurkStream gas pipeline will be launched in late December of this year,” says the Kremlin.
An exchange of opinions on the situation in the Idlib de-escalation zone in the context of joint Russian-Turkish agreements reached in 2018. Clearly there are some slight differences of opinion.
Humanitarian workers in Idlib province of Syria say that Idlib is likely the “most conflicted place on the planet with both the worst criminals on Earth and the kindest humanitarians in history both present. One side is harming the general population of farmers and vineyard workers and the other side is trying to mitigate the damage and provide health care while third parties bomb schools, hospitals and ambulances.”
Trump will meet Erdogan on Wednesday when Trump is said to be planning to bully Erdogan with threats of massive sanctions. Here is some of the Social Media scuttlebutt:
- Adding Turkey to America’s list of sanctioned nations just further isolates America. The world is already building a workaround to the bullies.
- Michael Pompeo, conceivably the worst jackass of global diplomacy in all history has threatened war against Turkey while the two countries are allegedly allies under NATO
- Robert O’Brien on Sunday has threatened Wednesday’s White House guest with sanctions.
- Despite the undeniably excellent diplomatic skills of NATO Secretary General, Mr. Jens Stoltenberg, Turkey’s membership in NATO is in question at the same time NATO existence is under bigger question.
- The two countries have had words over Turkey’s rejection of America’s claim that PKK / YPG terrorists are ‘The Good Guys’ hence Turkey should not have worried about them building fortress Kurdistan on its border and lobbing random artillery rockets toward Turkish border communities.
- America pushed Turkey under a bus over a desire to purchase air defence missiles from the USA.
- America stokes fears that Turkey might leave NATO which is a dilapidated old cow that has little use to anyone but weapons-makers and needs to be put out to pasture. That will happen if the billionaire sharks in the military industrial complex can be set aside for sanity to rein for a time. (Meanwhile Europe needs to find a diplomacy role or a NATO-replacement peaceful organization for NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg who has stick handled crisis after crisis with sheer brilliance.)
- Russia does not take America’s game pushing the traditionally stalwart nation into a ‘bad-guy’ role and at every step of the way and is outsmarting America on every scoreboard. In fact the Kremlin was smart enough to elect its own American President, Donald John Trump.