BREAKING: If USA, Britain keep Diego Garcia China Gets South China Sea, Duterte gets zip.
The Philippines is a victimized innocent in one of Trump’s wars. But not just the delightfully innocent Filipinos, all Asians are in grave danger as war looms ominously in the heads of some hawkish old men in the White House.
Extreme nastiness today against China is led by Donald Trump, the US Navy and US Coast Guard, far from their home, plying China’s claimed territorial waters of the South China Sea and the Taiwan Strait. Beijing got angry and ordered that an innocent American ally be punished. A Philippines vessel was sunk, the Filipino sailors abandoned in the water.
Hours from now, while the South China Sea is churning with armed Chinese, British, French, American, Vietnamese, Japanese and South Korean “commercial” vessels pretending not to be combatants–which they are– the Philippines will convene an emergency cabinet meeting with some very scared but angry ministers of the Duterte government. In the confusion Sunday the meeting was cancelled so that Duterte could meet with the Captain, then later rescheduled, cancelled and at the time of publication the meeting time was uncertain.
by Micheal John
- China sunk a Philippines’ fishing boat early this month and left 21 sailors to drown. It was a Chinese so-called fishing boat that rammed the Philippines-flagged vessel Gem-Ver near Recto Bank. The ramming vessel was one of many China vessels conscripted for militia purposes in the South China Sea and the West Philippines Sea. There is no doubt about the act being a deliberate “police action” against Filipino fishermen in their traditional fishing area.
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has set an emergency cabinet meeting for Monday and a discussion of this event. (Better late then never, but may not attend. Duterte has acquiesced to the Chinese since he was elected.)
- China has obtained possession of ASEAN member territories by doing pretty much what the British did to the people of the Chagos Islands. They crudely kicked them out.
- In the case of the Chagos Islands, a UN Court, the Lancaster House agreement of September 23, 1965 and a resounding “Get Out!” from the UN General Assembly (a 22 May 116-6 vote) has told the British and the Americans to give the Chagos Islands back to the people they stole them from.
- Britain in the meantime with America side-by-side forced the inhabitants out of their homes, and along with America, has militarized the Chagos archipelago and turned it into a nuclear arsenal and bomber base.
- In the case of the Filipino fishermen, they got wet and plenty shaken up–no fatalities. They did not drown thanks to a miraculous rescue. It was a Vietnamese fishing vessel that by happenstance came to their rescue. Otherwise this would have been a catastrophe.
WATCH: Felix dela Torre, owner of sunken PH boat by Chinese fishing ship, says he feels like Filipinos have turned into "slaves" and "lost our rights in our own territory." @rapplerdotcom pic.twitter.com/au3dvoHeMI
— Rambo Talabong (@ramboreports) June 15, 2019
- Unfortunately for the Chagos Island residents, many were killed many more were injured and they are all offended to this day. They all lost their homes and endured ruthless crimes against them. In one instance, on order to convince the remaining diehards to leave Diego Garcia the British and the Americans rounded up all their pets and slaughters the animals. Many tears were shed.
- FPMag spoke to women members of The RINJ Foundation in China who are also bureaucrats within the Beijing government infrastructure. They have been given anonymity for their fear of reprisal. Two women in positions to know, vehemently declare that the Diego Garcia precedent is cited by Chinese officials in backrooms as their defence against an argument opposing their territorial claims in the South China Sea.
- FPMag relies on these Chinese sources to pursue an argument that if the USA and Britain continue to refuse the UN Court and the UN General Assembly plus existing agreements which all say Britain must return Diego Garcia and all the Chagos archipelago islands, then China, on the precedent gets to keep the South China Sea, and the Philippines are royally screwed by the super powers. Add Vietnam to the list of victims. It has also been overrun by China. Other countries have lesser claims.
Britain and the United States actually are responsible for China’s South China Sea Occupation
One of the reasons why the Obama Administration in the United States up until 2016’s end did nothing about the Chinese incursions into the South China Sea, was its integrity and its memory of America doing the same thing in the Marshall Islands and in the Chagos Islands. Those two hot spots (literally nuclear hot spots) are America’s (and Britain’s) Achilles heel (s).
Integrity and Trump are two words one should not use together in the same sentence unless the descriptor “oxymoron” is used as well.
As if pushing Russia and China together as allies wasn’t enough of a strategic blunder, America’s cloggish hoofprints all over Asia are antagonizing the Diego Garcia conundrum and China at the same time by venturing into the Taiwan Strait and ordering China to get out of the South China Sea. China is looking closely at America’s unquestionably illegal presence at Diego Garcia.
The Trump administration has aggressively demonstrated its hypocrisy and slammed warships against China in the Taiwan Strait and the South China Sea demanding that China rewind from the South China Sea islands. It has already been called upon to the leave Diego Garcia by Christmas by most of the world on 22 May at the United Nations General Assembly.
China responded by sinking a little Filipino ship.
This is very old tactics. Leonid Brezhnev former General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union once had a similar doctrine for a standoff with the United States. In that plan, which was never used, the Soviet Union would bomb a city like Toronto because Canada couldn’t retaliate and the Americans wouldn’t care enough to start a self-destructive nuclear war. America’s hand would be forced. The two would bargain instead of fight. Canada would be left in the lurch, like the Philippines in this week’s case.
China may reciprocate now with a lawfare assault on the USA’s Marshall Islands and the Chagos Islands, something the Obama administration had avoided.
Obama’s advisers were worried about the Chagos Archipelago case going before the UN Court and also the horrific legacy of mistreatment it owned as a matter of legacy from past administrations in respect of the Chagos islanders and how brutally they were forced from their homes.
Read if you wish:
- UN: Britain and America must surrender Chagos Islands to Mauritius. What about their Crime Against Humanity?
- Britain, USA Stole an Island Archipelago. Pack your bags. Leave Diego Garcia before Christmas?
- ASEAN Notes. Duterte central to South China Sea Crisis
- UK refusal to Reliquish Chagos Islands
- Prepare for China-USA No-Deal
- USA War with China will kill Asians. Asia confronts threat of violence against East.
- War with China. A tale of two North American narcissists. [Series Introduction]
One of the Chagos islands is Diego Garcia from which American bombers have flown to bomb and kill hundreds of thousands of Middle East civilians. It is also a nuclear bomb base for use against China and North Korea plus the Middle East.
Britain shares the use of some facilities at Diego Garcia.
A number of British and American military armament suppliers have field offices at at Diego Garcia and the island is a huge part of the American military/industrial complex devoted to killing ‘enemies’ as far away as possible from the United States mainland.
China has done the same thing in the South China Sea. The Chagos archipelago is one of China’s available precedents. There are others like the Marshall Islands.